Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way
A Fluent Interpretation of the Wise Words Of Imam Ali (a.s) in Nahjul-Balaghah
وَ قال علیه السلام: نِعْمَ الْقَرِينُ الرِّضَى وَ الْعِلْمُ وِرَاثَةٌ كَرِيمَةٌ وَ الْآدَابُ حُلَلٌ مُجَدَّدَةٌ وَ الْفِكْرُ مِرْآةٌ صَافِيَةٌ
Submission to Allah’s Will is the best companion; wisdom is the noblest heritage; theoretical and practical knowledge are the best signs of distinction; deep thinking will present the clearest picture of every problem.
حُلَل: ornament, a new and good clothing
مُجَدَّدَةٌ: Fresh and new
Abstract of the wise word No. 4
In this wisdom, Imam Ali (as), point to the value of four things with beautiful descriptions:
1. consent to the Qada’ of Allah(divine decree): the best companion;
2. Science: precious heritage;
3. Etiquette(manners): new ornaments;
4. Thinking: a clear and expressive mirror.
In the tips section, we will explain more about these attributes.
- The scientific benefits that are inherited outweigh the property; Because science is useful both for the heir and for others; Hence it will be the ever-abiding, the good works, for the dead; But property may not be so.
- Etiquette(manners) is the regular observance of religious traditions towards Allah and the people, or good customary traditions that God has not forbidden, such as the etiquette of reciting the Qur’an, the etiquette of eating, the etiquette of hospitality.
- Imam(As) He has mentioned moral principles and etiquettes in terms of good clothes and ornaments, and this interpretation shows the place of literature in beautifying life and purification and improving human relationships.
- A mirror that is smooth and clear does not make the face bigger, nor smaller, does not add anything to the human face, nor does it stop showing the ugliness of the face. Because thought originates from within man, it is not his enemy who only seeks faults, nor is he a flattering friend who does not recount faults; Rather, it expresses the truth of human nature honestly and sincerely like a clear mirror.
1. Happiness and expansion of the heart toward the Qada’ of Allah(divine decree), indicates the position of satisfaction for the servant. Hence, the holder of such a position never opens his mouth in complaint.
2. flowers and fresh leaves are the decoration of trees, The adornment of worldly life is wealth and children; Men adorn themselves with dye(henna) and women with jewelry, but the real adornment of man is his politeness.
Man, by observing the etiquette of servitude regularly and by performing the obligatory(wajib) and recommended(mustahab) deeds, abandoning the forbidden(haram) and disliked(makruh) deeds, and associating well with people, adorns himself with great attributes and renews freshness in his being every moment. So, what really adorns a person is his politeness, and man should correct his ugliness by looking in the mirror of thought.
3. In order for the friendship to survive, it is necessary to hide the flaws of the friend.
When the unbelievers threw prophet Ibrahim (As) into the fire for monotheism and breaking the idols. Gabriel came to him and said, “Tell me if you have any need!” Ibrahim?
Out of politeness, he did not express his need to any other than God and replied: “With you, no!” Gabriel said, “Then ask God for your salvation.”
He said: حَسِبي مِن سُؤالي عِلمُه بِحالي “, “As soon as God knows how I am, it is enough, I no longer need to ask him.
Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way. Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way. Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way. Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way. Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way. Wise Word No. 4 _ Bright way